car shipping

So I am sill on the prowl for a nice mkI.  I find a
few for sale in CA.  There is no way I am going to
drive a car I don't know across the country.  (even if
I wanted to I just don't have any time I can use at
work)  Has anyone ever shipped a car across the
country?  How would you do it?  What does it cost?  I
found a *nice looking* MKI for reasonable money but I
have no idea how I would get it home.  Anyone?

Tony