[mk2] tach & idle

well, i was right. even though my tach only runs occasionally, i am
running about 1300 rpm. so this brings up two questions.

1) why doesn't the tach work. it should be noted that it will work when
the weather is damp, however. i believe this to be a problem with the
connection to the coil but i think it could also be the wire (the tach,
itself, appears fine). knowing it's one of the two ground running to the
coil, anyone know which one it is for sure? know if it's the wire or
connector? i don't feel like digging out wiring diagrams at this moment,
so help would be useful.

2) as said in a previous message, the car doesn't like to idle at
800-900 rpm's. there was head work done (the head gasket replaced) prior
to me buying the car. and the other day i found what appeared to be
silicone over by the pulleys. what concerns me more is when i set the
idle to 900 (yes, using the screw), the refuses to turn over. period. it
makes a sound like the battery's dead, but when i put the idle back up
to 1200, no problems. any ideas/suggestions? thanx.

--
 /\_/\   Foxx (in a box)
< o o >  http://foxx.tripod.com