Steering racks

Yes, the PS racks turn quicker (less steering wheel
turning) - I believe this is the main reason the
racers like it.

I'm not sure that the PS racks are tighter though (no
difference in my experience).

PS racks without the pump are many times more
difficult to steer than a manual rack. I think it's a
bad idea.

I have seen manual racks FS with quicker ratios than
U.S. stock  - anyone know if this is a VW Motorsport
type thing or a custom job?

Mark
--- "Wm. Josiah Erikson"