Re: Great Find! @ Waterfest!

At 3:53 AM +0000 8/2/00, Chris DeLong wrote:
>Well IMHO, cutting dwon the shifter is just about as cheap and
>stupid of a mod as you can get. It makes you reach for a shifter
>that no longer has proportionate throw with respect to the clutch
>pedal travel. If you have done this I would advise NOT to let anyone
>else drive it as they will do exactly what TMB did. Once again, ONLY
>MY OPINION.

Me too.  In my 16v Rabbit, I put in a Scirocco Mk II lever because I
like the feel of it; it's longer than the standard Rabbit lever so I
don't have to reach a long way.

I have a weighted rod & short-shift kit, too...I'm learning the feel
of this whole set up.

| Jim Jarrett                      http://www2.rpa.net/~jarrett |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net                                        |