gas gauge in cluster not working..help

As the title says, it usually reads no gas, or 1/4 tank, even when
full.

I removed the back seat and unscrewed the black cap to access the in
tank pump.  I unplugged the wiring harness, put some dielectric grease
on the connectors and plugged it back in.  The gas gauge worked
properly for about 2 days, then back to crap.

I assume there is a bad/loose connection b/w the wiring harness and
the male end that is accessible w/o taking out the pump from the gas
tank.

Question:  Is it possible to just get another male end, or is it an
integral part of the in tank pump?  I don't know since I haven't
pulled the pump yet.

I am thinking of replacing both the male and female end (of the
harness) to see if this solves my problem.

Thanks,

Victor