Re: [Fwd: [gtivr6list] Something we should all read...]

I feel real bad for the kid and his family, especially his family who
probably doesn't understand why a person would risk his own life just for
the thrill of going fast around some corners on a mountain road.

I can only emphasize again (so I guess I'm a prude): Racing should be left
to the track in a controlled environment and with the proper safety
protection, NOT on the street.
The leader of this pack of "street racers", and also the person organizing
this event should have realized that this could have happened and called the
whole thing off but they went ahead with it anyway. Yeah, I know hindsight
20/20, but common sense before the accident was 0.
People just don't get it :(
There are plenty of racing venues open to all skill levels and financial
levels from NASA autocross and driver schools to the Pro SCCA classes.
If it's the thrill of not getting caught by the men in blue, go buy a copy
of Need for Speed.
If I wrote the laws, there would be MUCH stiffer penalties for aggressive,
and competition driving on the street, like Jail time and loss of license
and car.
(sorry if I offend any listers out there but this is just my opinion and one
I feel pretty strongly about)
To lose your life, or worse, take anothers life because you just wanted the
thrill of going fast on a public...... "PUBLIC"....., roadway is just plain
stupid and in my book "criminal".
Ok, enough ranting.
I do wish the best for his family and I hope it was a wake up call to that
group and others that learn about this tragedy.

Randy B
81 Cosmos Scirocco S - future project
81 Mars Scirocco S - tt 1847cc 8V
87 gold Scirocco 16V