Re: [Fwd: [gtivr6list] Something we should all read...]

Owen wrote:

> Wow, thats pretty shitty.  I know everybody likes a spirited drive, but come
> on people.  Maybe a wake up call for some of these clubs to rent a track for
> the weekend instead of doing stuff like this.  I know this will always
> happen, and we always push our cars a little harder than we probably should
> sometimes on public roads, but at the least people should look at doing a
> racing school or something.

The last 2 years when I've made the 400+ mile trek up the coast to the ND
show, I've been VERY impressed with everyone's sense of responsibility and
sensibility.  We drive sanely, politely, and even "within the law" in areas
where it's prudent.  And in the nice twisties, we drive in a spirited manner,
but never in an irresponsible manner where ANYONE is putting themselves in
any danger.  Obviously, this poor kid in the Civic stepped on his dick in
a big way.  That he died as a result of his mistake is a cryin' shame.
Hopefully a lot of people will learn from this and further death and
destruction will be prevented as a result.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA