dealership surprise

Hi, everyone. Today, I got the surprise of my life. Ok, maybe that's a
little bit of an exaggeration. As some of you might know, I've been working
on restoring  my '82. Well, the biggest project I had to undertake was the
swapping of fuel tanks. What a MAJOR pain in the ass. ( or "rear" for all
the pg rated computer screens) During the swap, I needed to disconnect the
rear brake hoses. Well, the pass side would not come loose, so I had to cut
it. That night I tried all the aftermarket stores to find one. None of them
had it, but it could be ordered and the prices were like 16 to 18 dollars a
piece. So I held off for a few days. This morning, just for haha's, I
decided to try the dealership. I figured it would be expensive, but they
might have it in stock and I needed it in a hurry. After a couple of minutes
on hold, the guy said that they would be 16 dollars and he had them. I was
speechless. I told him I'd be right over to get them. But that's not all. I
got there and the guy handed them to me and said they were 13 something a
piece. I still can't quite grasp what happened. I was expecting to get hosed
and it turned out that the dealership had the best price in town. Go
figure...

P.S. The scirocco rolled today. Tomorrow, temp plates and a trip to Mass.
for a job interview.

Ryan M
'82 Rocco (totaled, now used for parts)
'82 Rocco GL (currently undergoing restoration)
'90 Jetta GL Wolfsburg