Re: Seat Repairs

> Then yesterday I was cleaning out the car and went to flip the seat forward
> to get to the rear seats.I heard a tiny "sproing" and any resistance that
> the lever on the side of the seat used to offer was gone.

> whole thing while I'm at it. Can anyone clue me in to the disassembly of the
> seat to find the mechanism(s), what I might be looking at having to fix, and
> what parts I'll want to complete this job?

  this is fairly common. the fix is quick and easy (for $15 + time). if
you take the seat back off and look at the bottom, you'll find there are
'teeth' that hold the upholstery to the seat. if you unbend these and
work your way up, you can replace the broken cable (the afore mentioned
$15) in a couple hours (the afore mentioned time). as for the other
problem (not listed here) i haven't a clue except that something might
be out of alignment or stripped. as a side note, i had to have my seat
back restuffed and the cable fixed. total cost, less than $65.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com