Seat Repairs

The driver's seat in my 87 16V has been broken since I bought it. The wheel
that is supposed to change the angle of the seatback just spins without
actually moving the seatback. Since the seat was actually pretty well
adjusted for me, I was satisfied to leave it at that.

Then yesterday I was cleaning out the car and went to flip the seat forward
to get to the rear seats.I heard a tiny "sproing" and any resistance that
the lever on the side of the seat used to offer was gone. That and the latch
no longer releases the seatback to allow it to fold forward. This is plain
annoying.

Since I now feel compelled to fix the one complaint, I might as well fix the
whole thing while I'm at it. Can anyone clue me in to the disassembly of the
seat to find the mechanism(s), what I might be looking at having to fix, and
what parts I'll want to complete this job?

Alternately, anyone wanna sell a seat (grey cloth/black leatherette) that
works? I'm feeling awfully lazy ;)

TIA,

Christian
stuff...