Re: ND reservations now media coverage

On Sun, 23 Apr 2000 09:22:54 -0400 Scott Williams <sfwilliams@home.com>
writes:

>As loathe as I am to say it, if you want to read a real tuner's magazine
you've
>got to pick up Sport Compact Car.

Yup, yup. SCC is fat with well written articles.

>I'm not very into their choice of rides but
>their projects are incredible! The writing is excellent but the depth
>to which they develop the cars is just unparalleled. Grassroots
Motorsports is
>up there, too for real racing and car development content.

I have to concur, completely. Too bad GRM is a bi-monthly pub. I really
enjoy picking up my copies when they do come out.

>The big-daddy 'zine of them all, though, is Cars and Car Conversions!
>Ever thumb through that? DAMN! I thought we Yanks were hardcore...

Never heard of it. Ill look for it. I like the european mags, Golf, Max
ect but they loose me on the writing and the cars are not obtainable for
me/us in the US of A so I loose interest as I thumb thru them. If they
were more US oriented I would probably actually buy them but then if that
happened, we'd have the old EC mag back and since somebody died and left
the writing/editing to the likes of the Peter Wu's, ill resubscribe to
SCC, Turbo and GRM.

(*Which, BTW have you seen Peter Wu's latest CRAP? I will admit it was
written a little better than his previous articles but the bottom line is
still, "Velocity gives me free expensive shit so I say nice things about
them in my magazine.*)

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi   82' Scirocco GTi   81' "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and