Re: Glowing red manifold?!

>From: Tyler Zachau <Pennyz@mail.ieway.com>

>Get home and pop the hood and the exhaust manifold is redder than Tornado
>Red... what could have caused this?

IME, getting an exhaust to glow red either takes a lot of backpressure (like
a clogged cat) or unburnt fuel in the exhaust. You don't have a cat, so the
latter applies. Check the mixture, plugs, wires, etc.  If you are missing on
one cylinder, then it will run like shit and dump all that fuel into the
exhaust, which will burn there and make it glow.

>All I know is the dealer is getting a nasty nasty phone call tomorrow...

Pardon my asking, but why? did they do a tune up or something? Is there a
recent history of maintainance that you are leaving out in your story?

HTH

Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0
For direct reply: jonas@metabolex.com