16v idle problem...

Well, now that I have gotten my 16v running again I have run into a
problem that I've never experienced before...
After the engine warms and I come to a stop, the engine either stalls or
comes close to a stall and then rebounds slightly to a low idle.  It is
also quite hesitant until about 2000 rpm and then seems to smooth out.
I know that the engine needs to be timed a little better.
I still can't seem to get the engine to idle above 500 rpm...adjusting the
screw on the TB doesn't seem to do a thing!
Any thoughts?  Thanks...

=====