Re: 16v idle problem...

> Well, now that I have gotten my 16v running again I
> have run into a
> problem that I've never experienced before...
> After the engine warms and I come to a stop, the
> engine either stalls or
> comes close to a stall and then rebounds slightly to
> a low idle.  It is
> also quite hesitant until about 2000 rpm and then
> seems to smooth out.
> I know that the engine needs to be timed a little
> better.
> I still can't seem to get the engine to idle above
> 500 rpm...adjusting the
> screw on the TB doesn't seem to do a thing!
> Any thoughts?  Thanks...

Is it possible that air is not bypassing the Auxilary
Air Valve? I was having this problem in the winter but
mine was stuck open all the time. When I would adjust
it with the screw it would do nothing, but then again,
my car was idiling at almost 2k!

=====
Paul Maione (The Burnt Kid)
Scirocco 86' 8v Flash Silver