[mk2] a/c questions

  after my a/c ran out unexpectedly last fall i didn't bother getting it
recharged. now that the warm weather is coming back, i'd like to have my
little cooling friend back. so, can some please tell me before i
recharge the thing, what i should look out for? holes in hoses or
condensers...what? also, i'm assuming that the older systems (like ours)
used the r134a, right? is there a specific brand to buy or stay away
from, or should i just say screw it all and take it somewhere to have it
done? thanx.
--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com