Re: What hapens when you drop a belt on a 16v?

> NOT TRUE! I have broken a belt on a 1.8 and had no bent valves. It's a
> depends on the RPS's the car was running at the time the belt broke.

  i have to agree here. i was doing about 90 in my 8v (3500 rpm?) when
my timing belt jumped. i realize that it might no be the same thing, but
i though some damage would've happened to my car.

> Chances increase if the belt breaks on a 2.0. The good news is that the
> intake valves are the ones that normally take the damage. They are the
> cheaper ones to replace.

  the exhaust valves run $19.75 from rocky mountain motorworks. there is
no listing for the intakes, though the 8v's are only $9.95 each.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com