Re: Fuel pump?

--- Casey Webster <tinfool@home.com> wrote:
> > when i hit a quarter of a tank (seems almost exactly)
> the car will
> hesitate
> > for a bit then run fine.  then with further driving
> under 1/4 tank, it
> will
> > evenly hesitate again horribly...to the point were you
> have the car
> floored
> > and nothing happens...then it gets gas, accelerates,
> then no more gas
>
> My car does this exact same thing occasionally.  When I
> first got the car
> last spring I changed cap, rotor, spark plugs and fuel
> filter.  After I did
> that, it only happened maybe once all summer, but in the
> fall, it came back.
> I changed the fuel filter again, but that didn't fix it.

Casey - is yours a Wolfsburg Edition too?

It sounds like it's a bad pre-pump.  (The one in the tank)
It's a lot easier and cheaper to replace than the main pump
too...

=====
Daun Yeagley
'80 Scirocco S
'81 Pickup
'82 Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v (2)
'88 Scirocco 16v
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening."  -Lane Wallace.