Re: Fuel pump?

> > > evenly hesitate again horribly...to the point were you
> > have the car
> > floored
> > > and nothing happens...then it gets gas, accelerates,
> > then no more gas
> >
> > My car does this exact same thing occasionally.  When I
> > first got the car
> > last spring I changed cap, rotor, spark plugs and fuel
> > filter.  After I did
> > that, it only happened maybe once all summer, but in the
> > fall, it came back.
> > I changed the fuel filter again, but that didn't fix it.
>
> Casey - is yours a Wolfsburg Edition too?
>
> It sounds like it's a bad pre-pump.  (The one in the tank)
> It's a lot easier and cheaper to replace than the main pump
> too...

Daun, yes mine is a Wolfsburg Edition.....

this is weird, but today, after writing this email first, I went out for a
bit.....car was doing the hesitating thing....it normally will do this once
or twice on a trip in town.  Today it would do it EVERY TIME I hammered on
the gas...it's almost like a bang-bang-bang, hesitates so horribly I am
afraid It'll break something.  (Sal, if I don't fix this soon, I may need
that header you are selling *L*) also if I turned fast or braked hard, the
engine would die.

I checked the hoses fromt he transfer pump as shannon suggested, but they
are fine.

I have a new main pump that I bought for my winter beater that I have since
stripped for parts and had the rest hauled away....but I forgot to take out
the transfer pump DOHHH.......hopefully it is the main pump (it was making
funny loud noises today)........I'm going to change it after I get home from
class tonight at 10:00.......I HOPE this fixes it......

Casey
84 Wolfsburg Roc