Re: [non] passat computer question & powder coating

First the Scirocco content.
Passats have a 2.0 16v that is great to bolt in to a Scirocco 16v. Passats
will be almost free
because the transmissions will all fail and the owners will junk them.
Before you buy a Passat B3 checkout the POG web sight:
 http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/1108/geobook.html
and http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/1108/faq.html
When considering the Passat B3 16v as a driver you should see if it has a
atomic transmission.
The automatics blow seals and cost $2000 and up to replace. Make sure that
you get a 5 speed stick.
I think the 16v B3 has more than two different computers and it depends on
the year. The 16v 2.0 GL
is defiantly different than the VR6. The 93 is different than the 90 in many
ways. Ask the VW dealer
to check the part numbers first. The Passat and Corrado are similar in many
ways too.
I know that the Corrado has some big differences in the electronics in the
same years you are looking at.
If one car has an Air bag and the other does not I would bet that the it
would not have the same computer.
The POG site and the dealer can answer all your questions.
Good luck.

Doug
87 16v silver Scirocco "GTX"
81 8v red Scirocco "S"