Re: Radiator, and thermostat questions! (16v)

Hi Gary,  what you are explaining sounds like a stuck thermostat.  If it gets
hot at idle,  it could be a bad fan switch too.  I installed a new fan switch
and t-stat and the car never runs hot.

As far as testing the radiator,  I guess if you plug the bottom outlet and
fill it with water,  you can check for leaks.

Hope I helped a little
Joe Maahs

In a message dated 4/17/00 6:39:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,