Radiator, and thermostat questions! (16v)

List,
	Car is running completely pinned. It gets really hot on the
highway...I'm assuming the radiator is clogged. Luckily I have a spare!
How would I go about testing my spare to see if it's any good? The
scirocco it came out of had about 100k on it, and it looks pretty damn
clean (no smashed fins or anything!). Also, would it be wise to run the
car without a thermostat? It's a summer only car as of this year, and
will be stored in the winter. Thanks,

--
Gary A. Huff scirocco86@home.com