Re: Waterfest

At 03:10 PM 4/14/2000 , Brett Van Sprewenburg wrote:

>Man, haven't you heard that red is 'best' 16v color?!? :-)  People been
>telling me that for a few days now actually (and you know who you are!).

Don't listen to him-- Brett's shitbox is white, too. :)

>do not be alarmed.  do not attempt to switch cars ever again.  this
>feeling is normal.  it will not pass.

It may pass- especially when you get a $3000 repair bill for
who-knows-what.  But it'll return quickly once the car is running right
again. :)

>Which mounts?  Well, since they're probably original, you might as well
>do them all ya know. ;)

You probably did the side one, right?  Make sure you do the rear one as
well, because if it sags too much, it can break the exhaust flex coupling,
and that's mucho dinero.  Just ask Daun. :)  Daun?!  How loud was your
car?  ;) hehe.

>>   My real question is who is planning on going to waterfest ?

Yep.  Lots of us. :)

>Lots of us!  The scirocco list did well last year: 1st in stock (Jan
>Folkman), 3rd in stock (or was is second Cammissa?), and 1st in modified
>(yours truly).

WOOHOO! Don't remind me, Brett, it was 3rd.  I'm showing in Modified this
year (I think).  I'll either show in modified and lose miserably, or I'll
put my US lights and bumpers, teardrops, stereo, and steering wheel back
on, and win 1st in stock.  Tough choice...  (Think they'll notice the
Konis?? ;)

>I think we can represent as well this year too!   I think the two guys
>that were 2nd and 3rd modified might be on the list now too...(Carl &
>Trenk aka ME262).

Bastards! They better not show up this year-- I want a Modified trophy.
:)  But we're all fucked, cause Riley might be over with his pristine red
16V, and the guy with the 1.8T was thinking about it...

Jay

1987 Scirocco 16v
1989 Mercedes 190E Sport Euro

http://members.aol.com/rocco16v