Re: 16v power probs cont.

Are you *sure* the plug wires are allright?  This sounds mysteriously like
my car when the wires were bad.  They looked fine, but they weren't.

It started with a small hesitation on low-rpm high-load conditions, usually
much worse when it was humid out.  Then it turned into hesitation all the
time, and the car ran like shit.

Test the wires by parking your car in a very dark place at night.  With the
engine idling, spray water on the wires and look for any sparks.  If you
see any, your wires are bad.  Mine had sparks all over the place.

HTH,
Jason

At 05:28 PM 4/16/2000 , Tyler Zachau wrote:
>OK, I am still having hestitation on acceleration probs with my 16v. It's
>to the point now where you let the clutch out and floor it and nothing
>happens... takes forever to get moving...
>Now sometimes it runs fine, and sometimes it runs fine after you restart
>it. Here is what has been replaced since the problem became known...
>1. OX sensor
>2. Knock sensor
>3. Distributor
>4. Removed cat
>5. Plugs and wires are ok
>6. Vaccum leaks were all fixed
>
>Now I have had several VW guys look at my car and they had no clue... now I
>also have a air/fuel gauge and it doesn't seem to be out of whack... any
>clues here guys? Oh, sometimes my gas mileage is shit, but sometimes it's
>normal...
>
>I'm taking the car to the dealer on Tuesday if I don't get it fixed by
>then... TIA guys! Auto X season starts next week... gotta get my baby on da
>track!
>Tyler
>8816v
>

>--