tech tip: clear euro turnsignals

    well i just got done removing the amber inserts in the clear euro
turnignals, so they are now completely illegal. but anyhow, i figured i would
add my way to removing these ugly inserts. i know that someone on the list
had suggesting drilling them out, which looks like it would take a very long
time. i think that may have been riely?
     the way i went about it was to take my blowtorch(fire! fire! fire!)
which has the push button activation and giving the insert inside of the turn
signal a few qucik shots (at least 2 sec but no more than 5 sec). after doing
this a few times you will see the insert start to bubble. this is the time to
grab the needle nose pliers and grab the now melted insert. it will stay
plyable for about 30 sec. twist the insert into a small ball and pull it from
the turnsignal assembly. just repeat this step for the other side as well.
and no, i did not melt the inside of the turnsignal doing this.
hth!
-alan