Re: line lock ?

I have heard that you don't want to do this on a street car for two
reasons:

First, most inspection places require that you have a mechanical
emergency brake.  This may or may not be an issue, depending on where you
live, how much they care, etc.

Second, I have read somewhere (and I really don't remember the specifics)
that if you set on of those things while the brakes are hot, they will
somehow lose their grip as the brakes cool down (brake fluid
contracting?), and you might have to look somewhere else for your car.  I
don't remember the "how's" or "why's" of this.  I do remember reading in
EC a few years ago this issue came up in their Project 914.

Please feel free to confirm/deny my information.

It might be a good way to keep someone from driving off with the car,
though...

B.

'82 Scirocco (a.k.a. "Fritz")
'85 Jetta (soon for sale)