Re: [Scirocco] Wheel Question

> Um, yeah, sure...  but you don't think there's a handling advantage to
> having a wide, low-profile tire mounted on a larger rim?  Handling (and
not
> just overall grip) is an essential part of a car's performance.  And
you're
> forgetting that lower-profile tires are more expensive because they're
> generally much higher performance tires.

Actually, the last time I priced 'em a 60 series in just about any brand
I saw was less than a comparably sized 50 series in the same brand and
type.  Probably a supply and demand thing.

> ...I paid like $70 a piece for my 195/50-15 Potenza RE71s, and I bet
I'd
> out-handle anyone with 13s or 14s on their car...

I could be wrong, but I'd guess that Mr. Meze would take that bet if
you'd make it worth while.  If I remember right he's running 13x8 wheels
with 225/45-13s when he's racing.  Actually, he proves my point (and I
didn't even realize I had one 'til just now!) cuz he runs 13s when he's
racing (go) and 15s when he's on the road (show).  So the bigger wheels
aren't his performance choice.  Hmmmmm.

> (Looky there, only back on the list for a week and already I've started
> fight... ;)

Dang,... a fight?  Where?  I always miss out on the good stuff! ;-)
-kevin in Texas