Re: Death of Mike's car - was Re: Alignment problems

Damn Mike thats terrible. I had a scary feeling of Deja Vu reading this.
The same exact thing happend to me in septmeber(old lady rear ended me
while sitting at a stop light). As far as dealing with the insurance
company goes...my advice is DO NOT give in to what they offer you.  Its
your car and you should be compensated to the full value of the car.  Also
talk to a lawyer about any injuries at all. It cant hurt to just talk to a
lawyer and if you do have a case, he will take a % of what he gets for you
and you dont pay anything out of pocket.  I have been through this whole
wrecked/stolen car ordeal twice now and can probably help with any
problems that the insurance company throws at you. So feel free to drop me
a line.  Oh, and get together ALL receipts you may have pertaining to your
car...you're gonna need 'em.  Good luck and keep us informed.

Richard Deede
University Of Delaware (Communications)
1988 Scirocco 2.0 16v
1987 Scirocco 16v - R.I.P.