Re: [Scirocco] Wheel Question

> Steel wheel on your Roc? Are you sure? I thought they all came with
> aluminum (at least on the MkII).

Mine is an '80 with badly beat up factory aluminum wheels, but it was my
spare that was in question here.  (or did VW provide aluminum spares as
well?  If so a PO swapped it.)  I'd like to go to a nice light set of 15
inchers.  Then I'll put the old 'Roc wheels on my Caddy which is equally
beat up.  A good match.  So, the question is,... who makes nice
reasonably light 15" alloy wheels that don't cost a bazillion dollars?
If they weigh significanlty more than the steel wheels then it seems to
me that they are a purely cosmetic upgrade, not a performance upgrade,
regardless of the change in tire profile.  High performance tires are
available in 13" diameters, and on a street car it seems that sidewall
flex is much less of a problem than on a racer.  Does this make sense or
am I nuts?
-kevin in Texas