rear fogs/taillight pinstripes

Question #1

What bulb would I use for the rear fog lights on my roc (in the reflector part of the taillight assembly)?  I am in the process of wiring this up and would like to use the brightest bulb possible without melting the plastic stuff.  I have heard that the euro taillights can support higher wattage than US spec ones.  Any ideas?  Wattage or Part # for the bulb I should use?  The local parts stores have a 35w bulb for euro fogs, but I think it may get too hot for me to use.

Question #2

At the same time, I will be painting my taillights.  (it is a spare set of lights, so I'm not too worried about making mistakes)  I want them to look like the 16V roc ones with the pinstripes on the raised sections.  Which paint should I use, and how should I paint them?  Would a small rubber roller work, or should I use a tiny brush and work at it for hours?  Anyone done this?

TIA

Casey
84 Roc