Re: [mk2] master cylinder & transmission q's

>   occasionally i have trouble shifting into first. sometimes i have to
>let out on the clutch a little bit to get it to engage. if it helps i
>have a 9a trans (i think; stock '86 8v). what are the possible causes of
>this? doesn't do it all the time. also, i asked before, but never really
>received an answer, when i shift into fifth, i sometimes get a whine
>(sounds a little like a turbo firing up, though my car is stock. does
>anyone else's car do this? should i be concerned? thanx.

I know first is almost impossible to get into if the car is moving.  Though
it should be fine if you are stopped.  I have heard this from others as
well.  I used to have a ton of trouble with 1st and 2nd, but then I replaced
my linkage bushings and haven't had a problem since.

Brad