Re: [mk2] master cylinder & transmission q's

>   occasionally i have trouble shifting into first. sometimes i have to
> let out on the clutch a little bit to get it to engage. if it helps i
> have a 9a trans (i think; stock '86 8v). what are the possible causes of
> this?

I have the 9a tranny in my Roc....I have the same problem...occasionally
having trouble getting into 1st gear and also reverse.  Also I have the 2nd
gear "crunch" if I try to shift quickly (synchro going bad I think).

I have heard that problems can be helped by changing the tranny fluid and
putting in some Redline MTL.  Haven't tried it yet, but I will be doing this
soon.

Casey
84 Roc