Re: [roccish][a bit long] Hello Ohio

In a message dated 4/9/00 11:30:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kefullerton@yahoo.com writes:

<< Which raises the question...is it possible that the alternator
 died because I left the oil cap off of the valve cover and drove for
 about 5 mile, resulting in an oil covered engine bay earlier in the
 week? >>

Ouch, bet ya never do THAT again.  Yeah if the oil got on , and in the alt.
that'll kill it, because the alt. is not completly enclosed, there  are
openings on the side. If oil in a distributor can screw it up, I am sure oil
getting into the alt. will F it up too. Good luck.

Brian 86 16v
http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html