[roccish][a bit long] Hello Ohio

Hi all,

I've been lurking on the sidelines of the list for a coupla months
(mainly because its been too damn cold to do any work on the roc, but
also cuz I'm absorbing way more than I can contribute) and have learned
a bunch (thanks for everyones help). I bought my roc (84 8v) in Dec of
'95 as a winter/beater car, and was instantly addicted. The point of
this post is to mention that I've just moved from Rhode Island to
Columbus, OH and it seems as though there is a large central Ohio
contingent on the list. Now that I'm in Ohio I'd like to get involved
in any scirroco events/gatherings here. If any Ohioans want to email me
privately to let me know what, if any events/gatherings are happening,
I'd sure appreciate it.

(As a side note, when I was in Columbus looking for an apartment a
coupla weekends ago, I think saw more sciroccos in 4 days than I've
seen in about 2 years in RI (particularly in the Grandview area)) (as
another side note, I was looking forward to making the drive to OH in
the roc, but the alternator died the night before I moved. Had to call
the moving company at 11:00pm FRiday night and get the 98 Civic (no
flames please..it is completely stock except for K&N) off the the
moving van and put the roc on it...don't think they were too pleased
about that (i.e. it cost more to ship the car to OH than the car is
worth)  Which raises the question...is it possible that the alternator
died because I left the oil cap off of the valve cover and drove for
about 5 mile, resulting in an oil covered engine bay earlier in the
week?

Also, If anyone in Central OH needs any help doing work on their roc,
I'd be willing to lend a hand...(Not necessarily for technical
expertise though :) )...it would be more of a learning exercise for me
and a extra set of hands for you. (Also I have a fairly decent set of
tools that might come in handy)

That's all for now...
-Keith
84 8v -- seen better days