Re: Transmission question

>My tranny is going out on my 86 8v Rocco and I was wondering if I could put
>a 8v Golf Tranny on it.  Because the local junk yard has one rocco with no
>engine or tranny but they have plenty of Golfs/Jettas.  Are they the same
>thing or totally different.  I need to get my car on the road by next
>weekend so I can go to a small Vw club meeting.  Any help would be greatly
>appreciated.

It will bolt right in. You will however have to change the driveflanges. And
if the car in question is a 16V you will also have to replace your clutch
disk with an 8V one. The one most dissappointing thing is that your gear
ratios will be taller and less performance minded. if you can get a tranny
out of a Golf GTi. This will be the same as what you already have.

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag (Scirocco of course)