Re: New to list

robtsou@attglobal.net writes:

<< I just took delivery of a '78 Scirocco last night and I've already got a
 question.  I was sitting there trying stuff out and the little vent
 window fell off in my hand.  Is there a way I can glue it back to the
 mounts or am I stuck getting a new one? >>

Welcome to the list and congratulations on your "purchase".  The vent window
falling off is a common occurance with our cars.  The glue ages and loses
strength.  I have tried the "rear view mirror" glues with minimal success.  I
don't remember what I used last time but it was a 2 part clear epoxy.  Go to
the hardware store and find one and make sure it's for glass and metal.
Don't even think about "crazy glue", too thin.
GL.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner