New to list

Hi,

I just took delivery of a '78 Scirocco last night and I've already got a
question.  I was sitting there trying stuff out and the little vent
window fell off in my hand.  Is there a way I can glue it back to the
mounts or am I stuck getting a new one?

A little background on the car...a friend of mine bought it from someone
who had found a shell and put an '89 Cabriolet engine in it.  It ran
good and the body is straight and it had just been painted (silver).  He
lent it to a friend of his who's car had broken down and he ran it out
of gas on the highway.  When they were able to get out there and get
some gas in it, it wouldn't start (still won't).  Had it towed to the
shop where they did something to it but it still doesn't start/run even
though they 'tuned it up'. I'm still not sure how they did that.  His
friend was supposed to buy it and then decided not to (the same guy who
ran it out of gas and got ripped off at the shop) and then asked my
buddy to pay for the shop time!  So he was sick of it all and just
wanted to get rid of it so he (literally) gave it to me.  Now I'm
working on getting it back on the road.  If anyone has any suggestions
feel free to send 'em my way.

Thanks,

Rob

(coming up with more questions soon)