Re: A question on fuel grades or octane

At 06:40 AM 04/04/2000 -0700, Jorel wrote:
>I have always used premium fuel in my Scirocco
>thinking this was a better way to go. I just bought a
>brand new car (which will not supplant the scirocco)
>with an owners manual that reccomends against the
>premium brand fuels, and says the 87 octane fuel is
>best. Maybe so for a 2000 Neon, but what about a
>Scirocco? Have I been wrong to use the 91 octane fuel?

You should use whatever you get the best mileage/performance from.  I'm
assuming the new car is a neon, and Chrysler recommends this for all the
cars and trucks(except I'm sure, for the Viper)My fiances Neon R/T and my
Dakota both run great on low octane, but my VWs have always run their best
on the high octane.  Go with what works for you.

John Worden
Wayne, Maine
ICQ 1527476
'81 MkI w/2.0 16V (waiting for the spring)
'86 MkII 8V  (also waiting for the spring)
'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4
Later this year:
'75 wife and her
'98 Neon R/T