Re: euro bumper probs

By halfway, do you mean half the length of the bolt?  If they go that far,
then that would be almost the length of the thread in the bumper mount.
I'd get an appropriately sized metric tap, and chase the threads out.
Could be some accumulated undercoating, rust or paint keeping them from
going all the way.

Good luck,

Drew

On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, Casey Webster wrote:

> I tried that.......I also tried another hardware store and their metric
> bolts had a different thread, but they didn't fit either.  All the bolts
> I've tried will go in about half way and then won't turn any more.
>
> I'll go to the dealer today and see if they have any ideas.
>
> Casey
> 84 Black Roc

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca