Re: identify this car!

It is an S. It is a 1980 Black S and all original except the glass
aftermarket sunroof :(  I am working with Rich in Seattle about getting
this. Rich, Kevin you guys better hook up to decide who wants it. :) Kevin
kcollins1@socal.rr.com , Rich rwd@serv.net . Let me know either way. Call me
if you have any more questions about the identity or condition of the car.

BTW The S's were made in 80 and 81

1980 Scirocco S
colors: Mars Red, Black, and Alpine White
"strobe" black/silver (Mars) and black/red (Black and Alpine) Recaro style
seats.
All black dash and instrument cluster.
Zender front spoiler (thinner than Aftermarket spoiler and not marked on
back by Zender)
5-speed only
Red side striped moulding with red striped bumpers and red VW grill badge
Side body pinstripe scheme
Dual adjustable mirrors
1588cc US-76hp @5500 82.7ft lb @ 3200
b/s 79.5mm/80.0mm 8.2:1 comp.
Optional:
AC,  sunroof, rear wiper

1981 Scirocco S
colors: Mars Red, Cirrus Gray Metallic, Cosmos Silver Metallic
"striped" black/silver (Mars) and black/red (Cirrus and Cosmos) Recaro style
seats
All black dash and instrument cluster.
Zender front spoiler (thinner than Aftermarket spoiler and not marked on
back by Zender)
5-speed only
Red side striped moulding with red striped bumpers and red VW grill badge
NO side body pinstripe scheme
Dual adjustable mirrors
1715cc US-74hp @ 5000 89.6ft lb @ 3000
b/s 79.5mm/86.4mm 8.2:1 comp.
Optional:
AC,  sunroof, rear wiper

Any other questions about other Mk1 info let me know, I have all the dealer
brochure's and owners manuals for 76-81.
Still looking for 75 brochure and owners manual, anybody got a spare? 8)

Randy B
Mars 81 Scirocco S - t t 1847cc 8V
Cosmos 81 Scirocco S - future project