Re: identify this car!

> Neil writes:
>
> >Randy B looked at this car and says it is in really good
> shape, but not as
> >perfect as 31k miles should be. I talked to the owner
> over the phone, and
> it
> >was stored outdoors for something like 10 years. The
> price is pretty good,
> >too, but it wasn't "cherry" enough for me to want to
> drive it back to
> >Florida.

When I first saw the picture, I thought "that's my car with
stock rims."  This is almost eerie as it's VERY similar to
my S.  My car is also a black S, it was stored outside for
many years (though I've got a little over twice the
mileage), and I picked it up for a decent price after my
friend got most of the bugs worked out of it in three years
driving since storage.  (He did however upgrade the engine
to a 1.8)

Good luck to whoever winds up with this thing, looking
forward to hearing all about it and seeing more pix.

=====
Daun Yeagley
'80 Scirocco S
'81 Pickup (To part or not to part...)