Re: 16V Scirocco (tranny blow up)

I think that law is pretty much nationwide, for some reason it is against
the law to coast?

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999 09:48:51 -0400 Gary Huff <ghuff@htech.com> writes:
> Jonas, are you serious? That is retarded dude.

>> in maryland, it is a law that you must be in a gear whent he car is
>> on ..that means clutch dissengfaged, so itf that was the case you
would
>> be breakign the law..
>> not thata many people follow it but it is the law...
Breaking the law, breaking the law...

> i think that downshifting is very important it sets you up for
> coming out of a corner or going into one or even staopping .. why not
do it
> ...it helps, besides  if the driveshafts were not  designed to hold the
pressyure of that then >how can they stand the toprque of  the line if
you slam it

> keyboard killer
Actually 90 mm shafts are not up to the challenge.
The axles are the least of my worries, the transaxle is the weakest part.

I downshift to match my gears to my speed, but I try not to use
compression braking unless I have to. Like the guy said, brake pads are a
lot cheaper and easier to replace.

Peter