Re: Weird Noise part 2.

----Original Message Follows----
From: SubConSk8@aol.com
To: wubbledub@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Weird Noise part 2.
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 00:43:43 EDT

In a message dated 9/27/99 9:05:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
wubbledub@hotmail.com writes:

<< I have the same prob with mine and it is the CV Joints.  As long as you
  don't push it hard you shouldn't have to replace them right away but it is
  good idea to replace them in the not to distant furure.  From what I have
  seen it might be cheeper to buy half shafts rather than replace all four
  Joints.  I think JC Whitney has them and I've seen them just browsing
around
  the net.

  Bryan
  '81 Scirocco >>

How can I check to see if this is it?

You can check one side at a time.  Jack up one front corner and get
underneath the car (jack-stands are very helpful and make sure you have a
solid surface) with the car in gear turn the tire. If it rotates more than
the output flange at the transmision then the CVJoints are bad.  Hope this
is helpful.

Bryan