Cincy - report (long)

The dust has settled, (<-- for those that were here that
has new meaning!) and my life is returning to normal.  This
weekend saw my house invaded by a few people from this list
(and some that aren't) for another weekend of fun.

The festivities started on Friday afternoon with the
arrival of Jim Jarrett and Ben Harder.  Jim cheated and
flew in from Rochester NY, and the airlines really messed
up - he could have driven in the same amount of time.
(Time to spare?  Go by air!)  Later on, Jay Cammisa and
about 6 Canadians showed up, plus Matt M. (Marco) and Angie
along with their friend Justin.  Off to dinner we went, and
after returning we enjoyed a couple hours of tech talk /
hangin' out before heading to bed around 3 AM.

Saturday we were up bright and early at about 10.  The main
activities for the day included installing the "new" JH
block into Ben's '81 Scirocco, and the removal of engine /
tranny from a parts Rabbit I picked up for free last week.
(It's TRASHED)  Towards evening, those who wanted to were
able to take an airplane ride.  Jim Jarrett went with my
father while Ellen and myself took the 150 so Jim could
take some air-to-air photos with that expensive camera of
his.  Once we returned, Kim Naberhaus and Ellen nabbed my
keys and stole the 150 for the next hour and a half.
(While I got the keys to Ellen's "new" '93 Corrado - almost
a fair trade but not quite.)  My father was nice enough to
take those that wanted to go up for a quick flight, which I
think almost everyone enjoyed.  The remainder of the
evening was spent eating birthday cake, drinking, and
staying up way too late.  :)

Sunday:  We didn't get up and get going on time, and some
didn't even make the show.  However, those that did were
treated to a fairly decent size show with a bias towards
air-cooled.  There were quite a few Sciroccos in the
parking lot, along with 5 in the show itself, so it wasn't
a bad day.  (My old '81 was even in the lot - looking
good!)  I talked to a couple of owners of the cars in the
lot and I believe one of them was very enthusiastic about
joining the list.  (The other didn't have net access)
Those that I didn't talk to I left notes on the cars.

Items left behind:
-Vivitar camera lens
-Allen wrenches (belong to Josh Straight, sent home with
Ellen)
-Battery charger for camera.  (Jim J?)
-Tube of toothpaste.  (And it was from Canada, had both
french and english)

When will some of those pics be ready Jim?  :)

All in all, we had a very good time.  I'm looking forward
to May already as I'm sure it's gonna be *huge.*

=====
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco
'81 Rabbit Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry