Re: scirocco (maybe other vw's) phone book/directory

OK, this is my thoughts on the topic.
It would be to our advantage to have a list that was set up by
districts. This way you could meet people in your area and sell
big items that you do not want to ship long distances. Lets face it, this is
an E-Mail list and for most of us it is better to exchange information
online
and not over the phone. If we all start giving out our addresses and phone
numbers it will make it easy for thieves to just stop by and take our cars
and parts. I know most of the list members in California and I have
been to several members homes.  It has not been a problem so far but
at some point it will become a problem to be so open and someone will get
in trouble. I have no problem with Shawn or Kevin knowing where I live
but I don't want the world to be able to find me with just a click.
I think we have a good start  on org now. The member list is not organized
by district and the details of our cars make it difficult to view the list
of members
quickly. I recommend a listing that is setup like this:

*******************************
District: Southern California
***
Bob Driver
85 Scirocco MK2 VR6 Turbo.
75 Scirocco MK1 1.5 stock
scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Web site: Http://www.scirocco.org

***
Cuck Iverson
88 Scirocco MK2 16v
76 Golf
scirocco-l@scirocco.org

***
"Mad Max Thing"
85 Scirocco MK2 8v
scirocco-l@scirocco.org

***
Virtual World Parts
Mike Potter
Http://www.parts4vws.com

****************************
District: Northern California
***

You get the Idea. This list will not only include list members but drivers
from all over that have E-Mail.
Some folks are no longer on the list because it takes too much time but they
would like to
go to events and keep in touch with the activities of the list and exchange
parts form time to time.
Well that is my recommendation.

Doug
87 16v silver Scirocco "GTX"