Re: 2.0L engine

--- Slim <falzsf@home.com> wrote:
>     Well I went and did and found a 2.0L 8V engine
> from a 94 golf, not
> sure how much they want yet. I am thinking about
> putting it in my 85 Vw
> scirocco (has a 1.8L 8V JH with 215thou on it
> Kilometers). Will this
> engine be able to bolt on my tranny?

===YES.

 (I havnt don
> the bolt yet either > but I will before I even dream
of putting in the > 2.0L) or should I get > the tranny
that comes with the 2.0l golf engine, as > well as all
the > electronics? Geeezzz lotz a question, I guess I
have > to keep the motonic > system on the golf and
put in my rococo right? or > can I still use my > cis?

===You can do the Motronic thing (see here:
http://scirocco.psycode.com/ )

Or you can use a CIS head on the ABA shortblock (see
here: http://www.volkswagen.org/ click on engine
swaps)

Putting a 2.0 will require a knock sensor at a minimum
- it's a lot of work, but it can be done . . .

> Do you think this swap is worth it?

A very subjective question . . .  It will be for me if
I can find a reasonably priced short block . . .

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Free: Dual outlet A1 manifold - nds studs (in MD)