Re: Stock wheel size

I saw for the first time the 5.5" version of the
"stock" mk1 Scirocco wheel earlier this year. I think
it was used on later Rabbit Convertibles and A1
Jettas.  I have never seen one on a Scirocco S. I have
owned 3 Scirocco S models, and they all came with the
13X5" wheel.

Mark

--- Peter L <thescirocco@juno.com> wrote:
> Really, that is interesting. I've never seen that,
> but I'm not saying it
> doesn't exist.
> See if you can find the part number, actually the
> letter on the end is
> all that is needed, since the part number will be
> 321 601 025, with a
> series letter at the end.
>
> On Sat, 25 Sep 1999 23:07:26 PDT "Chris DeLong"
> <green536@hotmail.com>
> writes:
> > Upon measuring and realizing that there were two
> different sizes i
> > began  investigating for #'s and found that one
> had stamped on it 13X5"
> and
> > the other had 13X5.5". Both wheels were identical,
> and they were the
> > "standard" > wheel for sciroccos from '75-'81
> non-S. The s model wheels
> I beleive
> > have a  raised part every other spoke or something
> like that, but they
> look
> > similar to the "standard" wheel.
> That is an excellent description of that wheel, they
> are nicer looking,
> but they are 13x5".
> The other "S" wheel, 24 spoke, is the one that is
> 13x5.5".
>
> > Neither of these wheels that I had examined were
> from an s model.
> >
> Hmmm, I'm real curious about what Scirocco came with
> stock looking 13x5
> 1/2" wheels.
>
> Thanks for the new information.
>
> Peter
>
> --
> Email problems to: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org  To
> unsubscibe send

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Free: Dual outlet A1 manifold - nds studs (in MD)