Re: Almost Mint 81 S in my area

-- Night Shadow <soltwede@ucsub.colorado.edu> wrote:

> Who is looking for a Mk1 S?  I just ran into a
> *almost* mint Mk1...it has
> a few door dings, a small dent in the right rear
> quater, and some minimal
> surface rust, good interior, seats are good, motor
> is dirty but runs like
> a champ for a 1.7...
=============

I have a friend who saw a cosmo silver 1981 Scirocco S
in a parking lot about four years ago.

He left notes on the car for several years until late
last year the lady sold the car to him for $1100.

The lady was the original owner. The car was garage
kept. Interior in show room condition. Still has the
original dealer window invoice.

I was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous. I would
have paid $2500 for this car - talk about being in the
right place . . .

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Free: Dual outlet A1 manifold - nds studs (in MD)