Re: sunroof replacement or repair???

timbob wrote:

> ive heard plenty of gripes about sunroofs breaking.  mines no
> exception... the handle just turns and clicks.  anyways does anybody
> have tips about fixing these?  i might try to fix it, but i think i
> would prefer just putting in a different type of sunroof.. probably just
> a glass one.  doesnt even need to open.. has anybody ever done this on
> their rocco?  theres a pretty good local auto-glass place i might go
> consult, but first id like to see if anyone has sunroof stories to share
> that might help?
>
> --

Been there done that. My old 88 16V went through a whole rebuild on the
sunroof. Very expensive when all was said and done. All you really need
is probaly new cables. Not too much or too hard to replace. Then find
out from the dealer that only newly updated cables are available. These
require all new guides. More $. Then you'll need a new gear where it
meets the cables. That will do it. Plan on a few hundred dollars or go
to a junkyard (good luck) and find a working one, pull ALL of it, and
swap.

Feenix
80 1.8