reverse light switch?

My reverse lights don't work on my '82, and I'm reasonably sure it's the
reverse light switch.  I recall some folks here mentioning that they'd had
some luck opening and "rehabilitating" one of these switches, so I thought
I'd give it a try.

When I went to remove it, what I saw did not match the Bentley illustration.
In place of something that looked like it screwed into place vertically(as
in the picture), I saw something that appeared to be held in place by two
screws fastened horizontally.  Is this just another version of the same
thing?  Is transaxle fluid going to come out if I remove it?  Is there
something else I should be looking at closely before presuming it's the
switch?

Thanks all,
Jeff

P.S. The spell check in Outlook Express wanted me to replace 'transaxle'
with 'transsexual,' but I didn't.  Definitely not car guys, those MS folks.