Re: starter going wacko

In a message dated 9/24/99 3:07:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mr.peepers@home.com writes:

<< now.  Sometimes it'll start up just fine, and other times it will crank
over

I had this same problem 3 years ago.  What I did was I replaced both the
positive and negative battery cables with better ones and that cleared the
problem right up.  In the process of doing this I managed to break the
starter solenoid when I was removing one of the cables so I had to get a new
one, so I am not exactly sure if it was the solenoid or the cables but from
what I have heard on the list the cables go bad.  If it is the solenoid, not
a big deal they are cheaper than the fuel pump relay.

Brian 86 16v